Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM
arOusal art!st!

Send a message via AIM to Salacious Send a message via Yahoo to Salacious
Bridges

With the recent collapse of the I35 Bridge in my area I've been thinking about bridges a good deal lately. I think for many, bridges conjure up thoughts of romance, serenity and beauty. In all your travels, what is the most memorable bridge you've ever crossed?

Variety is the soul of pleasure. ~ Aphra Behn

Old 09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Sunshine Skyway-old and new

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Leo was right

Not one that anybody would ever think of as being memorable. It's a little one on a gravel road that spans the Maquoketa River out in the country here. We call it Supple's Bridge. We used to go out there in high school and jump off of it into the river. Great memories each time I cross it.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Just me.

Probably several. The Golden Gate in San Francisco is probably the most recognized bridge I've been on but also the bridge in San Diego leading to Coronado Island towering over 200 feet above the harbor. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel connecting Virginia with Maryland and Delaware; the Mackinaw bridge between lower and upper Michigan and the bridge connecting Port Huron, Michigan with Sarnia, Ontario. All of these bridges are very impressive and marvels of construction. On a smaller scale, even the Cedar Street Bridge in Peoria crossing the Illinois River is quite impressive climbing to a height of maybe 100 feet above the river.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Cleveland is a city of many bridges and not a thought that can be far from our minds. As such, there isn't a lot of romance connected to them in my mind, but there is a recollection of stark fucking terror when as a very young and dumb and full of cum kid, a couple of us took a dare and did some climbing on one of these.

The bridge that first comes to mind as an 'attraction' for me is Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado. It is 1,200 ft. above the river and made ours look scrawny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FlatsBridges-s.jpg (139.8 KB, 373 views)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Not there yet.....

The Portsmouth Bridge between ME & NH means I'm home and the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset is spectacular!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Ain't nobody corssing this one no more:

URL:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070831...gm_KhD 7vtiBIF

Text:
Man arrested for stealing bridge Fri Aug 31, 10:47 AM ET

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian police have detained a 45-year-old municipal worker for stealing a bridge.

The 5-meter span metal bridge disappeared from a river crossing in the Ryazan region, east of Moscow. Police said they tracked it down to the man, who had used his work truck to remove it and then chopped it up and sold it for scrap.

In a statement, Ryazan region police called it "the bulkiest theft of the year."
Old 09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

^^^

I understand that is not an uncommon problem for railroad trestles in some of the outback of Oz.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Leo was right

Does driving across Hoover Dam count?

I'm don't do very well with heights and some bridges are a bit intimidating for me, I thought driving across that dam was going to kill me.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM
is not this trim anymore!

It had a lot more to do with the fact that we were on our honeymoon, but the Europabrücke was a pretty spectacular bridge we crossed heading from Austria into Italy.

But I do love the GWB and the Brooklyn Bridge too, because I love driving into the city.

Another cool bridge that makes Mrs. WI nervous is the Jamestown Bridge leading over to Newport, RI. She HATES that one! The old Jamestown Bridge was even scarier but it was brought down last year, nearly a decade after it's use was discontinued.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Europabrücke.jpg (126.7 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg Jamestown Bridge.jpg (23.7 KB, 350 views)

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Loungin' Around

The Carquinas Bridge - which I crossed when I "moved" cross country into the Bay Area.

The bridges down to Key West are long and memorable -- and I think some of the longest in the world

I also liked the "bridges" around the Hoover Dam.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 09-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Everybody Stretch!

The 7 mile bridge in the Fla. Keys!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster
The Portsmouth Bridge between ME & NH means I'm home and the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset is spectacular!

The Portsmouth Bridge to me means I'm going to see a neighbor.

It's funny, though. Not that it's beautiful or breath-taking, but the Kennedy bridge, crossing the Ohio between Kentucky and Indiana, gives me the same feeling of "home."

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

How did you keep Lix&Lix from blowing it up?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM
unregistered mutt. woof!

Three bridges, all on Stoney Creek in N Cal.
1st. near the end of the creek into the Sacramento River. At about 45 mph both ends of the bridge provided an incredible tummy tickler for us kids in the back seat of the car. We went over that bridge one million four hundred ninety-seven times! or every other weekend in both directions for 12 or 15 years.

2nd. The Stoney Creek Bridge that was eventually inundated by the waters of The Black Butte Reservoir when Black Butte Dam was constructed. It was an older, one lane creosote soaked timbers bridge that had a sign posted at each end reading
LOAD LIMIT
40 tons
You break it,
YOU BUY IT

3rd. The Stoney Creek Bridge one mile east of the home we lived in for three years when I was just starting school. A steel structure that served well on Highway 32 for many decades that finally was deemed too narrow and was replaced by a low profile embankment and concrete bridge.
A few years before the construction began I had a premonition about the bridge and its replacement. I awakened puzzled and concerned for a strange feeling that had overtaken and awakened me. About two years later I was driving along that stretch of highway and saw a change in the horizon in the vicinity of the home my family lived in. The road had been improved significantly and the bridges that I saw in my premonition appeared exactly as I had seen them. I immediately fell into tears and wept profusely for some unknown emotion.
Those are my bridges of Glenn County.
Adage: 2 things are certain in life; Death & Taxes. Therefore; God & Beelzebub had a meeting to fix the problem. A mighty storm prevailed for ages until finally they ended the storm with the agreement: From now on Anyone whom chooses doesn't have to die. "Everyone wins said Beelzebub. You get an eternally grateful bunch of worshippers praying forever for lower taxes as I goad & prod them forever with higher & higher taxation."