Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2004, 06:51 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
*/ Just Push Print \*

I am gonna pick up a new printer today. Planning on the Epson 6400, I think that's what it's called. Any one got any better ideas or have one of those?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-15-2004, 07:04 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

I have an Epson C60 as my secondary printer but found it to be such an ink hog that I put ALL my work my HP 880C. This is the only Epson I’ve owned and I hope it's just the model.

Pay the freight and you can have the Epson.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 04-15-2004, 07:09 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Aw ((hugs))
TY

I have an ancient HP 712C that has done right by me and continues to make great images butttttt I need to be able to scan and copy too. So maybe I'll need to keep both connected. Cause the HP has been great inkwise!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Lil, I have the HP712C too. And it's still running fine. I think if I need to upgrade for any reason, I'm sticking with HP. I really haven't heard anything good about the Epsons.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 04-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Just want to enjoy life!

We have the HP 2175 all-in-one, it does a great job, especially on printint and scanning. Had a HP 2100 all-in-one and it did a great job also. They wall are good on ink.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 04-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
My last 2 printers were Epsons cuz my old puter wouldn't run USB ports, & Eppie's the only brand that still has parallel ports, currently using the 62...would have to agree with PF on the ink use, & the cartridges are mondo expensive...& the Blk costs more than the color, what's up with that? Plus I've had the color jets clog up, requiring cleaning, which uses up ink even faster...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to thedog
A couple things to keep in mind about printers ...

The biggest problem you will likely have is the print heads clogging.

HP has designed their printers so that when you replace the ink cartridge, you also replace the print head. It's been that way back to the 712 series (a really great printer - a little slow by today's standards) and back beyond that.

SugarSprinkles: If your 712 is running great, hang onto it

Epson, and most others, have a print head that is independent of the cartridge, and over time (especially with limited use) the print heads on these printers tend to clog. And with the declining cost of printers, if you need to replace the print head, you might as well replace the printer.

One the other hand, if you use your printer constantly, clogged print heads with these printers are rarely a problem.

I work in the graphics and photo industry, and for consistent photo quality, the Epson line of printers, especially the mid and upper priced printers, have always been the standard by which other printers are measured.

For everyday use, almost any printer will do the job. If you're primarily printing 4 X 6 photos, you may want to check out the new dye-sub printers. They don't use "wet" ink, the colors are stable and long lasting, and are not affected by moisture as is ink jet technology.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

That's great news thedog. It seems that shortly after I print out all the Pixie ladies pics, they get large blotches of streaky ink runs all over them.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 04-15-2004, 12:13 PM
is not this trim anymore!

I've had an HP 882C for a couple of years that keeps chugging along. Good print quality and reasonable life expectancy for print cartridges. But it doesn't scan.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Gotta have scan and copy....busy lady has no time to sex up the Kinko's boys!!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 04-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Manwhore

I am with thedog on this one. Epson is the standard for printing photo's, but nowadays, when you're talking entry level, non-commercial use printers, just about any name brand printer will give you satisfactory results. I would say the top three are HP, Epson, and Canon.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 04-15-2004, 02:04 PM

Gentlefolk,

Interesting commentary to the ost of ink from the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3626373.stm
Old 04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

My 2cents worth, I bought a Lexmark All-in-one and it has done a fine job so far for me. It can be used with a PC or as a stand alone copier, scanner or fax.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Just me.

I've got an HP that I like but my son-in-law got an Epson and wouldn't have anything else. I think Aqua's about right on any brand name probably will do the job.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:50 AM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
I've got an HP5552 that I'm perfectly happy with but the cost of replacement cartirdges is a little high, and I can get them at trade. I bought my daughter an Epson C62 and that is more than adequate for what she needs plus I can get a set of cartridges for it for under £16.

Lil my advice is think about how much your going to be using it and how much the replacement ink will be and then choose.
if not an escape from life?