Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2003, 06:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
Tell us about how you met your S/O

Tell us about how you met your current S/O. Was it a romantic, was it a friendship that turned into a relationship, did a friend set you up..... Was it the type of relationship that started slowly or was it fire and passion on the first date?
Old 08-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Tidbits

Send a message via ICQ to faerysflower Send a message via AIM to faerysflower Send a message via Yahoo to faerysflower
I met my SO on theinternet. A site called Lavalife. Signing up for that site was the best thing I have ever done. We have been living together now for 2 months and I am totally in love. I'm so glad he decided to message me. I actually cancelled on him the first night with a bogus excuse but then I met him the next nite...We went to this small Italain restauant (soft music, fancy waiters, excellent food) Our date lasted for 6 hours. Same with the second and third. He satifies me completely. I am so very happy.

Moral of the story: Don't knock the internet dating sites. They work. Its better than getting picked up in a bar/ club.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Just me.

Met 43 years ago on a blind date. Actually had a date with one of her friends, but her friend broke her leg and couldn't go out. So my best boyfriend's girl offered to see if my (now) wife would like to go out. She did. We went to a movie and have been together ever since. Dated for three years, then married.

Still feel totally in love with her. Guess it was a good date.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to lazaruslong Send a message via Yahoo to lazaruslong
OK, i'll bite....

I met my wife on AOL several years ago. I was Okiestud and she was Sugarpantz. We have been very happily married now for 4 years and things are great. <She even got me a webcam for my last birthday. LOL>

BTW, we ditched AOL shortly after we met.

Laz
Old 08-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Banned

I met my b/f at work at a newspaper in a small town in Northern Ontario. The funny thing was, his aunt knew we'd hook up.

I work at an Internet dating site and I do think they work, too.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
I met my S/O years ago, must be close to 15 years now. We first met as staff at a childrens camp. We became friends. We were always platonic. We traveled to visit my parents, we went on canoe trips, camping trips, the symphoney and the theatre. During this time we both dated other people. Then we both sort of stoped dating other people. This state of singleness went on for about 2 years. Then one evening when she was over at my house for a BBQ things changed. After the meal she gave me a kiss. That evening we went to bed but did not have sex, we just held each other and talked. The next morning we had sex.

From early on in our friendship I was going to let her set the limits. I enjoyed, no loved our friendship. That it moved into a relationship makes it even more pleasurable.

“Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is.”
Barbara Bush

"You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!"
Drew Carey
Old 08-31-2003, 02:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I met my first serious girlfriend through a dating service I found in a newspaper, I had serious problems before then due to childhood abuse and being raped as a 16 year old.

Tessa had been in a violent relationship and had not recovered and I was too inexperienced in both dealing with the emotions of it all and the way to handle someone who had suffered trauma like that. I was just starting to learn how to deal with my own.

I them met my wife Jenny through the same Dating service. I jumped into marriage without really getting to know her. The saying marry in haste, repent in leisure is certainly true in my case.

The first internet relationship I had lasted 3 long hard heartbreaking years and caused me such stress it has had a very bad effect on my health.

But the great news is that I met a wonderful woman in Pixies chat about a year ago and she is all I could ever want in attitude personality and compatibility. We are going to meet and travel together in the US on my trip next year. We both are being sensible and waiting till we meet to find out if the sparks happen face to face but for once I think that the person who will bring happiness to my life is there.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:53 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Quote:
Originally posted by faerysflower

Moral of the story: Don't knock the internet dating sites. They work. Its better than getting picked up in a bar/ club.

I had to giggle when I read this.....

I met my husband in a bar, something I swore I'd never, ever do.
Although I wasn't 'picked up', per se. We were introduced by a mutual friend. This June we celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary, and just this past Tuesday was the 32nd anniversary of when we met.

And I met my "other S/O", right here at Pixies! Except for some scheduling problems, we're very happy with each other.

So I guess I've done things both the old and the new way.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 08-31-2003, 04:45 AM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
I've done the meeting in a bar thing, and went out with one girl for over a year, from a "chance" meeting! Met my ex-wife when we were both doing our Psych Nurse training.... got married about 3 weeks after we finished our training (in 1990, that was). Split up (for good!!) with her two years ago, then was on my own for over a year or so. (No tears, please!! )

THEN...... joined a few internet dating sites, wasn't really getting anywhere though. One night I went on and there was a message from a lassie who thought I sounded "OK". Got chatting online for a wee while, then met up one saturday afternoon to go to the movies...... eventually got home about 9 o'clock at night!! Been seeing her ever since, and moved in here in April..... it'll be our "anniversary" next month, and it's been the HAPPIEST year of my life, so far!!

You all know who I'm talking about.....

Celticangel

I LOVE you sweetie!

DM
I only own my mind
Old 08-31-2003, 04:50 AM
Just me.

DM and CA ... congrats on your upcoming anniversary. Two really great people.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:48 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I met my S/O when I was 15 and he was 20, him a college boy and me working illegally cause my family needed the money. We worked at Mickey D's. We dated some but I had a super possessive boyfriend for years so it never went anywhere (we always remained super close friends) til I was strong enough to make my own decisions. I heard he had met a chick on a cruise and was driving to Illinois to see her. I worried he would be hurt. I told him after work one night, " Illinois is a long way to go to get your feelings hurt. Why not stay here and talk to me instead?" He never left.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-31-2003, 09:35 AM
Loungin' Around

I went to a party at the Honors House my first week at Ohio State University. I went as the date of one of my RA's (uperclass students who work at the dorm)...and met his friend at the party...and fell in love.

He recited poetry, sang to me, and asked me if I ever read the Fountainhead...I was so intrigued I spent the evening, night, and much of the morning with him. We went to to the airport and watched the sun rise...fell asleep in a field...and woke up to a cop standing over us (we were tresspassing, but he let us go).

Of course, after that night he never again recited poetry...and I try to discourage his singing , but we built a great relationship.

We're having our 9 year anniversary in September.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 08-31-2003, 11:06 AM
Southern Belle

My husband is my best friends brother. We had known each other for years and years before we ever got together.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Huggable!

Before my husband I had met all my boyfriends either at school or through friends.

I was working as manager of a little grocery store in Mass. Future hubby moved to the area due to a new job right up the street from there and he stopped in on his way to work for cigarettes. He said he noticed me right away but didn't ask me out cause he figured I was taken. He asked one of the girls at the register about me & she gave him every little detail and my phone number too. He called that night & asked me out but I had no clue who he was so I said no. The next day I noticed this really nice looking guy come in the store. He came up to me & introduced himself as the caller. A week later we had our 1st date, on Halloween night. Four months later in Feb. I moved in with him. A year & half later we were married.

A pick-up date in a grocery store, and a whirl-wind courtship just resulted in our 27th wedding anniversary on Aug. 21.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:38 AM

campingboy,

I worked night shift at a bank. Dearsweet worked in the company cafeteria. It took us a while to get together, but eventually I asked her if she would like to see “Superman” with me. We had an on again off again arrangement while I worked in Saudi Arabia in the early eighties, but after we started to talk of marriage, when my contract was up the second time, I decided to return to the States rather than to as her to come live in Jeddah.