Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2002, 01:57 PM

Question Addiction

I don't know if this is a problem or not...would like some input.

Here it is: Every time I crank my computer up I feel drawn to check out what's going on @ Pixie's. This is not just a couple of times a day....it's more like 10-20 times. I'd like to know if you guys think this is too much, or if it's "par for the course". I even check it as soon as I wake...before I've even had breakfast. It's like I'm addicted to this site. My s/o sometimes has a problem with the frequency of visits, I just tell her that it's entertainment. The looks she gives sometimes...if they could kill....

Some input please.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Send a message via AIM to Santiago
invite your s/o to spend the time on the computer with you. she might become addicted too!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:14 PM
Member of weird club

An addiction no I can stop at anytime. Yea right we are all addicted to this place. And why not the people are all wonderful and very intelligent. Like Santiago said get her to look too.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:32 PM

Working on that very hard, but subtle. She's just not getting into it like I did. Any suggestions on what I can do to entice a little more? Should I maybe try to persuade her to throw on a couples pic or a pic by herself, or something... is that to forward. I'm at a loss with this.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:20 PM
Manwhore

While it would be great to get her as interested in the site as you are, you should be open to the fact that she just might not feel the same about it, in which case you should try and compromise and, *choke...gasp*, limit your time here. Not the ideal solution, but it may be what's needed in your scenario.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 12-10-2002, 08:26 PM
~Excitable Boy~

Send a message via Yahoo to incitatus
Hi, my name is Incitatus, and I'm a Pixie-holic...

...but seriously, folks...

Perhaps you could have your S/O check out the "clean" side of Pixies, to get to know the folks here. (So she'll know we're not JUST a bunch of folks gettin' nekkid.)

Ask her opinion about some of the topics brought up in this forum and read some of the more interesting responses/posts to her.

Good Luck!!

p.s. Tell her we are interested in hearing her opinions.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

happybobo...

Can Pixies be an addiction? Hell yeah.

It is all about priorities... and you doing what your life requires of you before you spend free time here.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Aqua, hopefully I won't have to do something that drastic (eyes watering up). I'll try again to get her more involved.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
I think incitatus may be on the right way to go.

This is a group of open minded but very decent and caring human beings in here. We may all be considered by sraight lace people as perverts because we discuss openly our sexual desires and preferences ect, but we have a far more healthy view of it in my reckoning. The underlying thing is that there is an enormous amount of respect shown to all here. OK you may be fat or not have the prettiest face, you may have a small penis but people here do not find negatives like that. We all are not perfect (though some go close ) but we all are sexy and worthwhile and we share knowing that we are appreciated for ourselves and not to be measured by some guage that fits very few.

It is a wonderful place to be a member of.
Old 12-11-2002, 02:51 AM
This is my BOOMSTICK!

Send a message via AIM to Santiago
Quote:
(So she'll know we're not JUST a bunch of folks gettin' nekkid.)

hold on...what? did i miss something? err...

ahh, i see it now...not JUST a bunch of folks...ok got it

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:36 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Quote:
We all are not perfect

Huh? What??? Grumble, you HAVE seen Nikki's pics, and PixieSprites??? SOME people here are perfect!!

The rest of us are addicted to Pixies - and it's hard not to be, I think. Where else can you discuss your most intimate thoughts, your deepest secrets, in total security and safe from put-downs, insults and other immature garbage you get on other forum sites. To top it off, Pixies is a large community with thousands of intelligent, friendly and above all open-minded people.

Whether you come her just to get off, or to find out what makes other people tick, or to learn new things, or solve problems - Pixies can cater for all that and often with a laugh too!!

So, should you expect your s/o to love this place as much as you do?? HELL NO!!!! Welcome to relationships - you don't always like the same things! By all means, show her around, let her play here by herself - but if she's not into it, she's not into it.

I agree that compromise might have to be the solution - and as terrifying as that sounds, be honest with yourself - you CAN live without Pixies! You did before you first came here!!

So, I would expect that you will probably have to cut down your Pixies visits to maybe once or twice a day, and spend more time WITH your s/o practicing what you learn here

Hope my $0.02 help!
CasperTG
Old 12-11-2002, 11:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
happybobo---I think that you are just going to have to understand;her feelings.For example:I like people;that I can really
get to know and depend on!My wife;on the other hand;is the kind
of person;that is very secretive&personal.She believes in only
sharing with me.I value close friendships;&believe in sharing with
a few people that I trust.In my previous lifestyle;you would do
anything for a friend&expect the same from them.I have been married to my wife for long enough that we understand&respect;
each others ways.Your wife might not understand your fixation.
It all amounts to understanding each others priorities!Different
strokes;for different folks!We both know that the other is a good
person.The priorities are just different. Irish
Old 12-11-2002, 02:33 PM

Santiago- She has spent sometime browsing through some of the threads, but inevitably she arrives @ some w/ pics or naughty talk. You can see the immediate emotional response (eyes turn devilishly red and then the horns start to grow).

kleclere- Repeat of the above, thanks for the input.

Aqua- As much as I hate to say it, you're probably right about the compromise. Although, I have to say that I think I know now how a Crack Head getting his crack taken away must feel. This sucks.

incitatus- She just can't get past the pics: however, she won't hesitate to gawk @ a few of the schlong pics. Am I jealous, fuck no, they're just pics.

jennaflower- Made me giggle. But yes, I'd like to think all my fatherly chores and spousal chores are accomplished.

grumbleguts- That's exactly why I like it here so much. Really, I just come here for the non-pic post [].

CasperTG- Trust me I've seen ALL the Pics.

Irish- Been thinking about these replies a great deal. And yes, I think a compromise is in order (falls down kicking and screaming). No more candy for her...just kidding. It's just when I come here I feel like I'm hanging @ a bud's house. Hate to be restricted.

Thank you to all that replied.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:11 PM

I do feel the need to make a comment here.
My husband showed me his post with the promise "not to get mad." I am not mad and I am glad that he shared with me his addiction.
I am not upset that he visits this site. My issue with it is that it is all the time. I even read some of the posts and enjoy visiting with him at times. It is something fun that as a couple we can enjoy together.
I just wanted to clarify that I also think this site is a lot of fun and I enjoy talking with him about different stories that people share here.
I do appreciate all the replies to compromise and I was quite surprised that my husband was even open to it.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:19 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
HI there Ms.H~ glad you enjoy this place too! You are right it is a fun thing to do together! I can understand how you may not like that he visits often ( too often for you) but it is funny we all like to catch up and check in on what is going on......I guess he may be afraid he will miss something good cause good stuff happens here! I think the fact that you two are openly talking about this whole issue shows that you both want to come to some fair resolution. Sounds like you have great communication!!!!! Welcome and I look forward to your posts!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas