Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Just me.

Steph, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling up to getting back to work. Just don't overdo it. We'll still keep you in our thoughts, if that's okay.

Wow, so much has happened. My wife's mom looked so good, we got home the evening of the 9th (See previous post). We like to think that the way we saw her was God's way of giving us some wonderful final memories. She passed away that evening and we just spent yesterday afternoon in Decatur at her visitation and today at her funeral.

The good news is those fond memories and getting to see so many family and friends. The service was beautiful and, while cold and windy, the sun shown brightly. The church where she attended before she became confined to the nursing home, fixed a wonderful lunch for after the internment, and my wife's brother was kind enough to have everyone to his home this afternoon.

Being the person I am, I like to think she's now with my wife's dad just in time for Christmas. For me, that's a very comforting thought.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Banned

I'm glad the visitation was so comforting (as is your lovely thought of a reunion for Christmas, DB).

Well, I'm off to work this afternoon for the first time in almost a month. I'd hoped to have had a kick ass interview for another job yesterday but that wasn't in the cards. On the bright side, that setback has made me more determined to get more resumes out.

I'll be starting a project for Tyler's company soon, too. I hope I can multitask as I do it so I don't have to stay away from Pixies too much.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Just me.

Going to work today. Hope my nose doesn't run like last night. Hate that when you have to either sniff or wipe every two minutes (or less). Oh well, I think I feel better this morning.

(You know, Steph, if there was anything we could do to help ... just let us know. )
Old 02-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Loungin' Around

**bump**

I spent last night as coach and cheerleader for my S/O who was finishing a paper for a refereed journal... He was up 48 hours straight before he completed it. It's not fun editing such a technically challenging article, but he was so touched that I stayed up and helped him with it. I'm learning that it's hard work getting a PhD, but that it doesn't feel like work to him...he loves it so much.

I've started to wonder if I can find any profession that I would love that much. I certainly find my work engaging...but I'm not in love with it in the same way. It's his reason for breathing...and that approach inspires me. Wonder what I'll be doing in 10 years...will I still be doing the same stuff I am now, or am I getting closer to a career change? Hmmm...

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Last edited by osuche : 02-17-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Just me.

Spent yesterday afternoon and evening on the road to be with a friend at a visitation. This morning ... worked three hours and bowled three lines with friends. Hopefully will get to relax some now.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:22 PM
gurly gurl

Woke up at 5 this morning to kiss hubby good bye as he left for work, slept until 7, got up, dressed and decided to go to church. Had a nice visit there with some friends, boosted me up. Came home, checked email, changed clothes, posted some more and am off to have lunch with friends. Gotta start on taxes when i return...woo whoo