View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
Nightfall decended upon the castle. She could no longer concentrate on the book she had been reading. With a cry of frustration she threw the book against the wall.

I watched her from the darkness of the corners, where the sun could no longer reach. I could sense the turmoil in her thoughts but could detect where it was directed. As the last rays of the sun set, is when the book flew at the wall. I was at first angry, but knew it was okay.

Then in the smoothiest voice I could muster I said,
"I don't really think it's necessary to take your frustrations out on Master Shakespeare Seraphina." a velvety voice said from behind her.

Startled, Seraphina twirled round to face me and we came face to face. I could see the sudden shock of pleasure, then the revulsion as she recognized who it was. I feared that she would feel that way, and was prepared for her reaction. As she flung herself at me and tried to wrestling to the ground, I quickly and gently tossed her to the bed. As she rolled and came up, her face was in a rictus of anger and hatred.

I had to do that which I dislike the most. I forced her mentally to stop and relax. Not something I like to do, but have to at times. As she physically relaxed, I could sense the anger and hatred only strengthen in her mind. And then I touched on what truly angered her. The fact that she was starting to recognize me not for what I was, but for who I was.

Her childhood savior.