Thread: Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 02:40 PM
obsolete

Devi Patel

Devi was preparing dinner when the phone rang. "Aunt Devi?" It was Jan's son Mark.

"Sunil still hasn't come home, Mark. I'll tell... "

"No, Aunt Devi. It's you I... It's mom. She's sick again."

Devi could hear the concern in the boy's voice. She thought Jan had finally gotten past all of that. Something must have happened to upset her.

"Okay, Mark. Don't worry about a thing. I'll come over after I finish making Raji's dinner. You know how he is when he comes home from the office." Oh, and so did she.

"Just try to relax, sweetie. I will be there in a little while."

"Okay... Thanks, Aunt Devi." She hung up the phone and went back to her preparations. Raji would be home soon and he would be ravenous. And not for dinner, Devi giggled to herself. Their marriage had been 'arranged' and she hadn't seen Rajindar even once before their wedding day. Of course she had hoped for the best, but never imagined... The man was insatiable, but then again so was she.

They had no children of their own. Well... except for her brother Sunil who had come to live with them when their parents had passed on. She had helped Jan when she was going through her bad times when Jack was ill and then recovering. Oh, and there were Janice's children, of course. They were enough to fill the gaps. More than enough.

You see, Raji had been affected by the plague and was diagnosed as being infertile, as had all of the males who were sexually mature at that time. They didn't let that stand in the way of their relationship, however. A baby in their lives would only hamper their freedom to be sexual whenever they wanted. And they always wanted. A shiver of anticipation coursed through her body at the thought.