View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 10:04 AM

Messalina Bishop

Messalina paid the cabbie and got out, entering the Phoenix Tower through the revolving door at its main entrance. There were Rent-a-Cops stationed at all the elevators and two beside the circular Information Desk in the middle of the lobby. Unsure of where she was supposed to go, Messa approached the desk and asked for directions.

"You're expected," the receptionist told her after consulting the large appointment book in front of herself. "Top floor. Bruce here will accompany you."

Somehow that didn't surprise Messa as she followed 'Bruce' toward the bank of elevators against the far wall. "Top," he said aloud when the doors slid open and they entered. Using a key to unlock a small panel above the floor buttons, the guard smiled as he pressed his thumb to a small screen and spoke his name. "Bruce Johannsen." After a series of whirrs and beeping tones, the elevator began to move.

There was a tall, dark-haired man waiting for them when the car stopped moving and the doors opened. "Thanks, Bruce. I'll take care of things from here."

"Sure thing, Mr. Randolph."

Messalina stepped into what appeared to be a luxurious penthouse rather than a place to conduct business and raised an eyebrow. "This way, Dr. Bishop."

"I know... I'm expected." She smiled and followed Randolph, presumably to meet his employer.