Thread: Simon Says
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 08:44 PM

Helene's cry of alarm was muffled by a huge hand as someone grabbed her roughly from behind. Struggling to free herself, she felt his fetid breath hot against her ear. "If you don't want me to kill you right here, right now, I suggest you sit on the settee and shut up!"

Where was Max? Had he done something to her son? Who was this man? What did he want? Helene stiffened at his words, her own thoughts a jumble as she tried to figure out what she could do next.

The intruder suddenly released his hold on her mouth and gave her a shove that sent her sprawling onto the leather settee. Never taking her eyes from his, she sat up and glared. If he had even touched a hair on Max's head she swore she would...

"Do you know whose house this is? What do you want? Where's Max? What have you done to my son?" Despite his threat, the words just came tumbling out, fueled by a mixture of fear for her son's well-being and indignation at the intrusion into the safe haven of their home.

Sweet heavens! Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned Max at all! What a stupid ass she was. Now he'd know she wasn't alone. Helene's breath caught as she saw the doorknob on the door begin to turn.