Thread: Near & Dear
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Yankee in Dixie

What is knife whipping? I've not heard that expression before. I like the idea of parents getting smacked for not doing their job and raising their kids. As for the teacher investigating....I think they should ask for details. If I went to a teacher and said "he hit me" they should ask where on the my body, why did he hit you, did you do anything to provoke it, etc.....At least then if the kid isn't telling the truth, you can probably catch them, and if the kid is telling the truth, you have more details that you can give the officers you reported it to. It wouldn't hurt to put off reporting it for a few more minutes if you can find out what's really going on. I do reiterate that I have no kids and very limited experience, but I do pay attention and learn from people with experience so that I can make a better choice if I come across that situation.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf