View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 10:02 AM
Pixie's Hopeless Romantic

Send a message via AIM to Miltone
The Blissfield, Part 2: The Picnic

"So what's for lunch?" Holly asked as they walked arm in arm down the long curving staircase of The Blissfield.

"I know we had originally intended to have lunch at a nice place," David began, "But that was when it would be Valentine's Day and too cold. Now that it's later in the year and we have such warm weather I ordered a picnic lunch from the kitchen and thought we could take a stroll down by the lake."

"I like the way you've thought of everything," she smiled, patting his arm. "I wondered why you had brought that along," she added, indicating the soft blanket he had tucked under his arm.

The kitchen staff had a wicker basket waiting for them and David signed for it. Holly tried to sneak a peek inside but he kept the lid closed.

"You'll find out soon enough," he told her.

It was a lovely walk out through the French doors near the dining room and along the stone path that wound through the rose garden. The smell was damp and fresh and full of the promise of spring. The shrubs that had been carefully sculpted into topiary shapes of animals had recently budded and were filling out nicely. There were several nice benches along the way and Holly would have gladly stopped for their lunch, but David led her further through a narrow break in the trees to where the path turned from the stone to gravel. At one point they were able to look up and see the grand old house and the balcony outside their room, then the path snaked back away from the formal setting of the house and garden to the woods and new grassy woodlands that descended down toward the lake. The music of a few songbirds could be heard as they strolled along.

"Have you been here before?" she asked.

"Once, but under much different circumstances," he said. "I always remembered this place and wanted to come back. When our plans changed it was the first thing I thought of."

"It's beautiful," she said looking around at the peaceful setting. "I can see myself doing my meditation here tomorrow."

"Maybe I'll join you," David replied.

They followed the path just a bit further to where it took a turn through some denser woods and then out along the lakeshore. Just beyond where the path ended David pushed through some bushes and led Holly through by the hand to a small clearing. Setting down the basket, he trampled down the long dry grasses from the year before and began to spread out the blanket. Setting the basket to one side, he took her hand and they settled down beside each other on the blanket.

"This is beautiful!" she remarked.

With the stand of woods behind them and the unblemished lakeside in front, it seemed as if they were now alone in the world. The lake was small and crystal clear. There were freshly budding trees all around extending off into the hills on the far side of the lake. Not a single bit of civilization to be seen, and, except for the faintest sound of traffic off in the distance, they could have been a couple from a hundred years before.

"Yes, the setting is nice, but it is you who is beautiful!" he said earnestly, his eyes unable to hide the intensity of his feelings. "I'm so glad we could make it this time."

He reached his hand out to touch her face and leaned toward her for a kiss. She tried to resist.

"Remember, no fooling around till we eat," she protested. "But then maybe one little kiss won't hurt."

Their lips met for a long light kiss, brushing together and moving back slightly and with a different tilt of their heads another soft touch. Her hand reached instinctively behind his neck, holding him close to her.

"Mmm, I could get real used to doing that," he whispered. "You are so delicious!"

"I hope our lunch is," she smirked, indicating the basket. "A girl can't make love on an empty stomach."

He started to reach over to the basket, but caught himself. "What makes you think we're going to make love?"

"This," she whispered, pulling his face back to hers for a deeper more passionate kiss.

Her tongue darted toward his lips touching his as he opened his mouth. A streak of electric feelings jolted him almost as if she had poured her feelings into him. Her fingernails dug into the hair on the back of his neck as their breath mingled wildly. She suddenly pulled back and playfully pushed him away.

"But first lunch," she said sitting just a bit farther away, curling her long legs comfortably around to her side.

"Let's see what we have here," David said, lifting the basket onto the blanket and opening the lid. The utensils were all in the "Mmm, just as I ordered, a bottle of wine, a cheese and relish tray with crackers, a pasta salad, and some fresh fruit."

While Holly set about opening up the cheese and vegetable tray, David took out the bottle of wine and corkscrew. It was a nice domestic rose, perfect for a light lunch such as this. Pouring them each a glass, he handed one to her and held his up for a toast.

"Here's to you!" he offered with a modest shy smile.

"Here's to us!" she replied, her own smile saying much more than the words.

They each took a sip of wine and for a moment their eyes met again and they could each see the feelings welling up inside the other. David found her irresistible and alluring, her young body as perfect as a dream, and her personality intriguing and fascinating. Holly looked at him as a something of a puzzle, a man much older than she was, to whom she was very attracted, a sweet man who was just starting to come out of a shell that his failed marriage had forced him inside. Each time they met it seemed there were more things to discover and the whole process had driven them into this wondrous affair. They shared many interests and similar taste in the arts and literature, and yet there were many differences that their mutual open-mindedness allowed them to discuss endlessly.

After their little toast, they took turns making little finger sandwiches from the cheese and veggies and feeding them to each other. He couldn't help but smile at how she offered her mouth to be fed, making sure that her lips touched his fingers each time they met. This was no baby bird in the nest, but a grown woman who was confident and sexy and was trying very hard to turn this man on as he had done to her so many times before. As she took one bite a bit of the dressing stick to the side of her mouth and her tongue darted out to lick it away, but left a small drop. David reached for his napkin, but instead reached over with a fingertip to wipe it away. She reached for his hand and guided his finger into her mouth, sucking the tiny drop of sauce from him and teasing his finger with her tongue. She smiled as he slowly withdrew his finger from her mouth.

"This is very nice, David," she remarked, looking around their Idyllic setting. "I can't believe you found this place."

"When I stayed here before, I happened to be taking one of my long walks, and wandered down here. I was glad to see that they haven't developed it yet. Be a shame to put up a bunch of homes or condos and spoil this view."

"And the day is perfect, sunny and warm."

"I wonder if this spot has been used for something like this before," she said dreamily, glancing out over the lake. "Maybe some other lovers have met and become caught up in the throes of passion."

"Perhaps, when the house was new, the young mistress would come down here for a rendezvous with the gardener, or maybe a stable boy."

"No, it would probably be the headmaster of the school," Holly chuckled, her eyes glancing back to her companion. "She would lure him down here and seduce him despite his moral scruples."

"Do you think it's seduction if both parties are willing?" he asked. "I mean the word implies some sort of lack of consent or willingness."

"What do you mean?"

"It sounded like you were trying to draw an analogy to our being here," David said, his eyes still focused on Holly. "And it's not like you're going to lead me astray, because I would go willingly."

"You would go willingly?" she asked flirtatiously, sitting back and bringing her long legs around in front of her. Doing so raised the hem of her dress and revealed more of her shapely thighs. "You did promise me that you wouldn't try anything until after we ate."

"I didn't know what I was getting into did I?" he smirked.

She pulled her knees up and brought her feet back knowing that her dress was opened up and he could see her legs and the sheer little white g-string. She could see him trying to keep his eyes steady and looking into hers. But then they would drop down toward her legs for just a split second before he caught himself and he would look back at her.

"I do happen to know what you want to get into," she answered, spreading her legs apart and drawing the skirt of her up nearly to her waist so that her pussy was plainly visible through the sheer panel covering it. "Now I wouldn't want to do anything that would make you break your promise." She leaned back and watched as his face became flushed, realizing that his excitement was no greater than her own.

"Would you like another sandwich?" he asked, his voice trembling and cracking.

"I would like some more wine," she said shifting around to fold her legs back up. "You are being such a sweetie. I shouldn't tease you like that. But it's so much fun!"

David reached for the wine, and refilled her glass and his own. Although he could feel his blush recede he could still sense the feelings that she was so expertly stirring inside him. Pulling out the pasta salad and a couple of plates, he scooped some out for her and handed the plate to her, and then helped himself to a serving.

"Remember, that sort of thing can work both ways," he said. "I could start telling you a sexy story and get you all hot and bothered."

"It's too late for that, Hon," she remarked with a little laugh, her hips squirming perceptibly. "I'm already there."