Thread: fences
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
is not this trim anymore!

It really is weird. In the town where I work, a building that used to be home to the YMCA sits empty and is literally falling down while waiting for a developer to come in and do something with the building, the location. Nothing is happening, and the shell represents a microcosm of the town. Inactivity is deteriorating Main Street, and with it...the town's vitality. Because people can't agree with what should be done with the building, the building will eventually fall into such a state of disrepair that nothing will be able to be done with it. Then they'll argue forever about what should be done next...once they stop blaming each other for why they're at that crossroad.

Meanwhile, 1238 miles away, a former YMCA that sits on beautiful piece of land with wildlife and serenity will soon sprout a big box store that screams "progress" and whispers "monopoly".

I miss being a kid.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.