Thread: Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM

Mark

On the sofa, he listens as his mother speaks. Acutely aware that they are both wearing only bathrobes. He can smell the shower gel she has used.

"That's why we're here, just you and I. We never talk anymore like we used to. We don't do anything together except... Well, you know." She smiles and he has never seen her look so lovely. "I'd like us to recapture some of what we used to have, Mark. Just be us again. Talk about what we're thinking and feeling. No worries, no cares. No schedules. Just us two... For as long as we want. For as long as you want."

In his mind, her words take on a second meaning.

Is she saying what I think she is saying?

A wave of excitement grips him as he remembers the two of them in bed back at their home. Immediately he feels shame. Remembering how he took advantage of her.

No! That was a mistake. She loves Dad. I love Dad!

But even as he tries to fight his urges, his new feelings; the boy feels a tingling sensation erupts over his cheek and lips as she touches his face.

Oh God!

"Please?" She whispers. Their faces so close as they stare into each other's eyes. "I do love you. You know that, right?"

"I love you too, mom." He whispers back. Their faces drawing together, their wet lips coming closer and closer.

No!

He knows it is wrong, twisting his mother's love for him. But he cannot stop, suddenly so desperate to kissing those lovely lips of hers...