View Single Post
Old 10-01-2004, 05:09 AM
a-dick-ted to oz

Send a message via Yahoo to kathy1
Fefe rushes into the diningroom and quickly finds someone who knows where the steward's living quarters are and leads her to Joey's. He answers her knock on the door and listens to her fearful words about Grace. He tells her that it might be best to go get Grace and take her to the ship's doctor. Joey says that he knows the doc is busy stitching up some huge gash on a crew member's leg and it might be awhile before he could get to Grace's cabin. Fefe agrees. As Joey is about to head out the door, Fefe places her hand on his arm and tells him to wait.

"Look Joey, there's something I have to tell you. I feel like I owe it to you."
Joey looks confused. "I don't know any other way to say this. I didn't exactly tell you the whole truth about my past. And with this sudden turn of events, it's going to come out, I'm sure. I wasn't just a barmaid in Paris during the war. I.....well, I was...." She averts her eyes, unable to look him in the face and see his reaction. She takes a deep breath and blurts out "Joey, I was a part-time prostitute. Money was tight. I had to live. I was only a child when my parents were killed during the war. I was sent to this awful orphanage.It was terrible being there. When I was 16, I ran away and made my way the best I could. " Tears roll down her cheeks as she waits for his scathing onslaught. When she hears nothing, she finally looks at him.

"Is all that in the past?", he asks.

"Oh yes! For the past two years, I have been in Grace's employee." She looks down at the floor.

Joey steps close to Fefe. He lifts her chin with one finger and looks deep into her eyes. He leans close and gently kisses the spots where her tears cling to her face. "Then that settles the matter. The past is the past. Can't change it."

"What are you saying?" she asks leaning into him.

"That it doesn't mean a damn thing to me what you used to do. I know who I see standing before me and quite frankly, I like her. I like her alot" With that, he tenderly kisses her lips. "Now, we need to go see about Grace."