Thread: Pas de Deux
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 07:37 PM

James

“Come on Rigby, you can run faster than that,” he yelled over his shoulder.

James knew he was too old to be racing down the path to the swimming hole like he was ten years old again. But then, that’s exactly why he was doing it, to feel ten years old again. To forget the last few days, the last few months, hell, to forget the last twenty years, he just wanted to shuck it all right now and be free of all the emotion, the pain, the sorrow, and just be ten years old again.

He reached the swimming hole first of course, and sat down to pull off his boots and socks, next came his shirt then his Levi’s and underwear. He jumped in the water and turned around just in time to see his sister strip off her blue jeans and shirt, then her bra and panties, and jump in next to him. They splashed around in the water, wrestling and trying to dunk each other. He was bigger and stronger than she, and there was no way she couldn’t push him under, but he had no trouble with her. He would hold her under for only a few seconds then she would pop up trying to force him down, and just to be fair, he would let her. They laughed and giggled and sputtered, just like they had thirty years ago.

To James, it felt natural to be like this again, with Elinor. When they were younger, she had always been there for him, no matter the problem. It felt like that again, when she had held when he couldn’t contain his sorrow any longer. She had done the same years before for different reasons; it seemed she was always there when it really mattered.

They splashed and played for only ten minutes or so, but it was enough to release the pent up emotions again, and to feel young once more. Finally, he stopped and looked at her. Her hair was matted and rivulets of dirty water were running down her face.

“Enough Rigby,” he said. “I’m ready for that steak now. Whadda ya say, you still know how to cook meat?”

“You still like it rare,” she asked.

“Yup,” he replied.

“Then there isn’t much to cooking it, is there.” She laughed.

He took her hand and led her out of the water to there discarded clothing.

“Ya know, Rigby, you still look like you did in high school,” he said looking at her naked body. “Must be that organic crap you eat? Me, I got myself a pot belly,” he added trying to push his gut out as far as he could.

“Pah,” she laughed, slapping his hard stomach. “You work to hard to get a pot gut.”

They bent and picked up there clothes and tossed them over there arms as they started back to the house.

“Is this right Rigby? I mean us….like this?” he asked, indicating them both being naked.

“Do you think it’s wrong,” she asked looking up into his face.

“Well………not exactly wrong. But mamma would sure have a hissy,” he chuckled.

They walked back to the house, their clothes draped over their arm, hand in hand, brother and sister, like they were seven and ten years old.

“If ya want, I can throw a couple of mesquite logs in the barbeque pit, while you shower. We can cook the steaks outside.......Rigby,....thanks for being my sis, ” he said releasing her hand.