View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Oral Freak

Grumble, it's good to have you 'home' again. My heart really goes out to you, Lilith, Mindboxer, and to Scotz too. I'm only young, and I'm lucky enough to have most of my grandparents still alive and reasonably well, as well as my parents, so I haven't had to face what you now do. I have, however, been volunteering as a pet therapy visitor at the nursing home near me for several years, and I've had numerous 'adoptive grandparents' and friends there who have passed away. I'm so glad, for your sake and for the sake of your loved ones, that you are taking time to be with them before they're gone --- too many of the people I've loved in the nursing home have been stranded there without their families visiting. I know that the time spent with someone as they slip slowly away can be torturous, especially near the end, but it's so awfully necessary. Like everyone else who's posted here, if there's anything I can do --- a listening ear, a comforting shoulder, or even a human punching bag for venting frustration --- I'm only too happy to do it, for any of my Pixies' family.

With love to you all,

--- sweetstuff