View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 09:20 PM

Location: Definitely being a Quicker-Better-Stronger Pick-Her-Upper
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
The purpose of this thread is to give our role players a place to hash out characters, story lines, or just share ideas. Feel free to post questions, suggestions etc.

I will pose a question first........ If SRP story has several characters (say 5 or more) do the participants usually discuss the story line's direction? or is the spontaneity part of the fun?

Hello, Howdy... Lilith and MoM ,

Well, Lilith to answer your question, it's quite difficult in practice... in theory the thread starter is the GM (Game Master) the main Director of the plot. Or it could be someone who is chosen by the thread idea originator, and it's stated for example "This is .... Thread, I'm starting for him/her".

Usually in RP (Roleplaying) there is something called an OOC (Out of Character) Thread, where characters are given a name, attributes and/or background/history. The outline or usually the basic premise of the story is given by the GM. Then there's another new thread which actually the Story thread. The OOC is used to discuss plot ideas and characters. But as far as I can see, we might not want to clutter the first page with too much OOC, although I personally prefer OOCs. If a thread starter does not prefer a separate OOC, the the character's name, attributes and background history can be under the heading OOC:... and then in the same post IC(In Character) for his/her entrance.

A basic plot is always good. A growth from the basic premise. So in this case, too many cooks will not spoil the broth. I've ideas, but I do know that someone somewhere has a better one. So I'm not above "borrowing" their ideas, with their permission of course . The same can be said for sponteniety. Its like an orchestra, one conductor and may players to make the music work.

Hope that answers your question (long winded as it may seem)

I'll be doing the first kind, where there are separate threads for OOC and IC. Maybe you can see the difference more clearly.

Have a great day, boys and girls, and MoM...

Z