View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 04:08 PM

OOC- Okay, here's the low down. As you can see, the quest will take place in Bolivia. I chose this region for several reasons, most notably remoteness, a mixture of modern world and ancient culture, a seriously capitalist society (in equally serious financial trouble), the availability of virtually any vice you can imagine, and the fact that I've been there.

I'll be using a fictional gathering point and ruined city, but the gathering point will be based upon Potosi. This is a small city located at 14,000 feet above sea level in the Andes. Sporadic vegetation, little formal education despite a local university, a love of the American dollar, and groups of drug lords using local labor. For those seeking realism, the best way for arrival is through the La Paz International Airport, then a train ride of about twelve hours. The local military is primarily conscripted youths of about 14 years of age. Bolivia has had a history of making money through various mining projects, but the deposits are now playing out. For all intents and purposes, the primary money comes from natural gas rights and drug running. (cocaine)

Immortal characters will recieve a mysterious invitation similar to Thomas', with a map and information on a sword.

That's all I'm giving you now.