View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 09:24 AM

Susan

Susan couldn’t help but giggle at Rollie’s request to pee. He was just too cute!

“No problem sweetie,” she said, sliding herself up off him, “You go take care of business, clean up a bit, and I’ll go make that breakfast I promised you.” Still wearing his flannel (albeit without buttons), Susan made her way into the kitchen.

Okay, first I’ll freshen up my coffee. Okay…where is the skillet? All right. Eggs, flour, butter, baking powder, baking soda, bacon. We’re in good shape. Susan could hear Rollie making water in the latrine.

“Well I guess the boy really did have to go,” she thought with a chuckle. She heard the shower start up. Perfect. Breakfast should be done by the time he is out. Just then the phone started to ring.

“Hello? Yes this is Susan White. Wow. Already? You boys have been awfully busy this morning then. Okay. I’ll be over as soon as I can get a ride. I’ll be paying with my credit card. Hold on.” Susan put down the phone, and grabbed her purse, “Yup here is the number…and the expiration date.”

This time when Rollie came into the kitchen from his shower, he was fully dressed. This caused Susan to pout just a little.

“Sit down, baby. Eat. I wasn’t sure how you liked your eggs, but I figured scrambled was a safe bet.” Susan sat with Rollie as he ate. They talk a little about his work here at the ranch and what he all had to get done today. Susan was finding that she really didn’t want to leave Rollie, the ranch house, or this small rural town. Oh well there was a job to get back to, friends to see. A whole ‘nother life she had to return to.

“Well the garage called while you were in the shower,” said Susan. My car is at the shop with a brand new tire. All I need is a ride over there.” Susan could tell my Rollie’s expression he was feeling much the way she did.

“I better jump in the shower. I’ll let you have dish duty,” she said getting up from the kitchen chair. She bent over and kissed him on the mouth before heading into the shower.
things of which I dream of still,"

-Cowboy Junkies "Black-eyed Man"