Thread: Making time fly
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 PM

Neely

Neely could feel Jack's eyes moving over the swell of her breasts and felt her nipples stiffen. She found herself wishing it were his hands. His mouth.

"Neely?"

"Wh-what?" Gods! What was she thinking? She'd been so lost in her fantasy that she hadn't heard a word Jack just said. "Sorry. Was dreaming for a second there." Neely laughed to cover her chagrin. "What were you saying?"

"Nothing really. It's all right."

Now I've done it, she thought, trying to figure out how to make a recovery. "Little Old Conversation Killer Me. I am sorry. Okay... How about if I start this time?"

Jack's grin was contagious. It was playful and boyish and sexy all at the same time. She couldn't help arching her eyebrow and grinning back. "So... You come here often?"

"No wait! How 'bout 'I lost my phone number, can I have yours'?" Neely rolled her eyes and giggled. "Truth, Jack. It's been ages since I've had a conversation with anyone new. I sort of got lost in myself and my... " She paused for a minute, taking a deep breath. I must sound boring as hell! "Well, let's just say I don't get out much. I don't even remember the last time I was on a date."

Neely willed Jack to say something, anything. Well... anything except goodbye. She didn't want this to just end. He didn't disappoint her and before she realized it, they were caught up in conversation. Moving easily from one subject to the next as if they had known each other for ages.