Thread: Making time fly
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 02:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Stillwater Send a message via Yahoo to Stillwater
Just thinking about sitting beside this woman made him feel nervous. He had hastily agreed to take the ride and introduced himself as Jack Miller and saying that if he always listenes to his mother he positively wouldn't have any fun at all. They walked together to her car and after stashing his briefcase under the seat he took the time to study Neely more closely.

His eyes stayed locked on her profile as she went through the motions of starting up the engine and soon the sounds of Marcys Playground "sex and candy" came over the radio. Neely turned looked at him with a smile when she felt his eyes, "Where to?"

"I was just going to head to In Cahoots for a few shooters, it's just down the street, if you'd care to join me?"

She turned her head and looked him over, with a slight shrug of her shoulders, "Sure, I could use a little unwinding."

"Tell me about it."

During a small traffic jam Jack explained he was a junior marketing executive and Neely returned by telling him she was a writter but hasn't had any real published works yet. Soon after they pulled up into the parking lot. There were a few cars around but not many.

"Come on, I'll by the first round." and with that Jack proceeded to open his get out of the car and walk towards the bar. He waited for her by the entrance and held the door open for her to walk inside but before stepping in himself he took the noose from off his neck and tucket it into his pocket, leaving a quater of it hang out and down the front of his slacks.
The power to change the course of reality is a gift stolen from the hands of time and fate not by the apathetic nor idealistic dreamers but by those who feel the pull of ambition and head the call with dedication.