Thread: Making time fly
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 05:21 PM

Neely Biancuzzo

Still single at 30, Neely enjoyed life and all it had to offer. She dabbled at writing short stories and even some poetry. One of these days she was going to be published. One of these days. In the meantime, she was doing some freelance work that paid the bills and she liked it that way.

Neely had come into the city to see her attorney. There had been a small trust fund and some investments left to her when her parents passed away, and even though she didn't touch any of it except in case of emergency, Neely liked to keep on top of things. One never knew.

Glancing at her watch, she walked toward the door. Now that the business stuff was over with, she was looking forward to going somewhere for a couple of drinks before heading home.

One of the junior staff members from upstairs was blocking her exit. Neely placed her hand on his shoulder to let him know there was someone behind him. He murmured something witty and held the door while she fumbled in her purse for her keys. Ahh... there they are, she thought. Just as suddenly they fell between her fingers to the floor.

She bent to pick them up at the same time as the "suit" reached for them. Their hands touched and she looked into his eyes, knowing that she could easily live there for an eternity.

"Thanks," she murmured as their fingers wrestled to pick the keys up first, slapping his hand playfully. "Mine," and chuckled, a deep throaty laugh that made him laugh in return. Reluctant to step past without at least making some conversation, Neely had to think fast.

"Oh, yuck!" She peered around him at the rain. "You're never going to get a cab now, if that's what you're looking for. My car's just over there. Maybe I could give you a lift?"

Neely looked up at him with a twinkle in her eyes. "I know your mother told you never to talk to strangers, but maybe just this once... Besides, my name is Neely. Neely Biancuzzo. Now you know my name and that means I'm not a stranger anymore. Right?"