View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
It was not so long ago that I walked the night trying to curtail the evilness of my kind. I can recall one night almost a decade ago. I was wondering the countryside looking for one particular unsavory character. He had a thing for entire families. It was a chilled night, even to my kind, a storm had ended the night before it was still muddy, making it easy to hunt even my query.

I followed him for hours and then lost him. After climbing the trees I finally found him. By the time I got there, only one member of the small family was alive. A young girl that was on the back of this brutal monster, trying to save her mother. I rushed in and pulled the young girl from his back and grabbed one of the numerous arrows and slamed it into his chest. It did not kill him, but paralyzed him long enough for me to dispatch him in a more suitable fashion.

I was too late for the mother and rest of family, but I could save the young spitfire. I carefully picked her up and she cried fervently. I placed her tight against my chest and let her cry on my shoulder. I used all the energy I had left and flew us to the nearest orphange. I gave the Mother Superior a large sack of gold and informed her of your family and what happened, in detail. And then left as quickly as I could.

And then tonight as I entered an inn that I used for stay overs during the day, I caught the thoughts and memories of that self same spitfire from a decade before. And as I did, I caught the murderous rage within her for my kind. Then the sweetest of thoughts of a stranger helping her.

I hastily leave, and hope that she will follow. I am curious of how good of a hunter she has become. Can she stalk a Vampyre as old asmyself with success? Better yet, will I let her?