View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Suprise Me

A co-worker. She has a habit of not doing her job, and what many of us have to do is dependant on her completing her portion. Well, like always, she manages to not get what she needs to get done - or like today just doesn't show up for work (no phone call). So, the boss calls her at home and leaves a message as she doesn't answer her phone and tells me to finish up her work and take over some of her duties in order for the rest of us to be able to do our jobs (this happens at least two times a week). Well she had her husband call in and ask to speak to the boss (5 minutes after the boss leaves a message) and the call is transferred and it is her on the phone telling the boss that she and kids have a doctor's appt. Well, he tells her that she should have called in and that he is having me do her work. He comes out and tells us that she did call.

About an hour later - she calls me and starts yelling at me!!!! Another co-worker and I were at my desk and she could hear her yelling over the phone. She was saying that if we wanted to get rid of her we should just tell her instead of taking away bits and pieces of her job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <shakes head>

She has called me before when this has happened and there has been times that I have held the phone away from my ear and everyone in the front office could hear what she is yelling! I just let her yell - I used to try and calm her down, but now I just hold the phone away from my ear. Everyone else says just hang up on her. I believe next time I will. I just wish that the boss would just get rid of her rather than allow her to continue to slack off. When this happens, I have to put aside what I am working on to finish up her stuff and I am getting sick of it.

Oh well. It is Friday!!!!!!!!!!