View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 08:27 PM
A Little of Both

Seraphina's first sign that she had not died was the powerfull pounding in her skull. Swimming up from the depths of her sleep she became aware that dispite her aching head, she felt remarkably unhurt. "How can that be?" she wondered to herself. As her eyes opened she quickly shut them against the glare of sunlight through the window. Squinting, she took in her surroundings.

She was laying in the center of a large wooden canopy bed. The drapes around the bed were drawn back so she could see the rest of the room. The room was lush to say the least. Rich velvet and silk covered the bed and furnishings. Thick rugs were laid upon the stone floor and beautiful tapistries hung on the walls.

Throwing back the covers she realized that she was naked.

"Where am I?" She asked herself aloud.

"You are in the care of the Master." said a female voice with a thick Hungarian accent as the chamber door opened. An older woman entered the room carrying a try laden with food. Seraphina rushed to cover her naked body.

"And just who is The Master?" Seraphina inquired.

"My job is not to tell you that which The Master does not wish you to know little one. My job is only to see that your desires are fullfilled untill The Master is ready to see you. My name is Gisella Miss, please do ring the bell if you need anything further." the woman said as she stepped to exit the room.

"Wait! I'd like my clothes please." Seraphina said.

"Miss your clothes were stained with blood. What could be saved is being cleaned as The Master requested. In the meantime, I am sure you will find something to your liking in the wardrobe. Master has impecible taste." With that she turned and left. With an audible click, she locked the door behind her.

"So I am to be a prisioner then." Seraphina whispered. This Master has a thing or two to learn about manners.

Wondering who on earth had saved her from that vile creature, she slid out from the cool sheets and over to the window. It appeared she was in a castle in the middle of no where.

"Now how on earth did we get so far from town?" she wondered. Searching the rest of the room she found a beautiful selection of dresses and frilly things in the wardrobe. She was not acustomed to wearing these things. But Gisella was right, The Master had inpecable taste. Everything was in jewel tones, perfect to match her copper curls and emerald eyes.

Standing in the sunlight she inspected her body. She remembered being wounded. She remembered that viscious creature stabbing her, killing her. But, there was no wound. She ran her fingers over her side where the blood had flowed so freely. Gisella had said her clothes were blood stained. Where was the wound?

Reluctantly, she dressed. With some difficulty she donned one of the simpler saphire blue morning gowns. It fit perfectly. As she slid her tiny feet in the matching slippers her stomach gave a hearthy growl. Looking at the tray Gisella brough her, she decided to eat while she awaited this "Master's" presence. He surely wouldn't keep her waiting all day.

She was half way through one of the many books in her prison when she realized night was falling.

"Night time." she whispered to herself, a feeling of dread filling the pit of her stomach. Just who was this Master? And why had he not come to her yet?

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles