View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Rogue Trader ÿƒ

A Story with Sea Chelle

It was a hot night. Too damn hot. I looked at my clock radio, 3.17am. A hot night in a bad hotel bed. Couldn't get much worse than this.

I had pretty much tossed and turned all night. I hadn't slept a wink. The air conditioner was on the blink. That's timing for you.

I sat upright in bed. Still a few hours until daylight, a few more again until the meeting. I was going to be primed for that alright!

Then an idea hit me, the top floor swimming pool. Not only would it be cool in the water but it was outside, maybe I could get some respite up there. Do a few laps to try and tire myself out. Sounded like a plan. Better shake my moneymaker into gear and get up there.

The lift got me there in record time. Surprising, no-one else was up here. Maybe it was just me, maybe it wasn't the heat at all, maybe it was nerves. Worried about closing this deal. I sat down on the edge of the pool and dangled my legs in the water. Just enjoying the feel of good ol' H2O against my flesh. The water was cool but not cold, not a surprise considering the heat in today's sun.

But lets be honest, the reason I was just sitting here dangling my feet in the water was because I was stalling. I wanted to see if anyone else would come up here. I had forgetten to grab my bathers in my haste to get up here and test my brilliant idea. I didn't want to get my sweats and boxers wet so I was going to skinny dip. Should be safe, after all, it's 3.30am.

I got up after I was satisifed that no-one else had come up with the same great plan. It wasn't that I was embarressed about my body, I just didn't want to get thrown out of the hotel for indecent exposure. I placed my clothes on the edge of the pool and slipped in. The water felt cool against my skin. I started to do a slow freestyle, enjoying the water passing over me. This will help me get to sleep for sure.