View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
1nutworld, I'm very sorry for your pain, and I believe I understand it. I'm on a somewhat similar journey.

I don't think that after loving someone enough to marry them, and then bringing children into the world with them, that I could ever be able to view an anniversary as "just another day". I think there will always be a bittersweet feeling attached to those days as well as a certain amount of grieving for the "lost possibilities".

But I also think that as time passes, the anniversaries and happy memories will become easier. And God willing, there will be happy times in the future, and possibly even anniversaries (of things to come) to remember and celebrate that bring joy.

Also- I think that if it helps you at all, you should continue discussing your divorce in the forums. In my opinion, it's no burden at all to try to help someone else who's hurting.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~