View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Always Naughty/Never nice

I actually did a project on the real place that common swears came from...try these:

In the 1800's when a man was convited of Rape they were placed in the stockades for between a week to a month (depended on the location and severity of the incident). However the term "Rape" was not used at that time. Instead it was written into the judicial books as "Forced and Unconcented Carnal Knowledge" This was obviously too long to fit on the slab of wood over the stockades that listed the persons crime, so the acranym was used "F.U.C.K"
Thus the term "Fuck you" really means "I'm going to Rape you" and the term "I'm fucked" litteraly means "I've been Raped". The website doesn't agree with this one but because their source speaks of "For" Which I agree with. I found other sources that seem to agree with the "Forced" option...but oh well.

On a bed there is a portion that runs around the edge of the bed called the "Tick". In the days where prostitution was seen as regular behavior for high class men, many of the men became very snobish about the quality of the sex a prostitute would give. If they did not feel the girl was preforming up to his expectations she would be litterly thrown off the bed. There by being "Ticked Off".