View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
a-dick-ted to oz

Send a message via Yahoo to kathy1
Grace pulls the blanket tightly around herself. The cold of the cabin seems to sink to her bones. She looks into the empty glass and thinks for a moment. She opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Finally she looks up at Dan and gives what she hopes sounds like a nervous little giggle. "It's nothing really. I was just clumsy is all. A friend and I were in the stairwells. We were just playing. He was chasing me and I wasn't looking where I was going. I was about to fall and when he reached out to grab me, all he got ahold of was my dress. But, thank goodness he caught me before I fell down down the stairs. We were in the stairway between decks and it could have been much worse. I'm just such a clumsy oaf at times. He walked me back to the cabin and as I was about to come in after he and I said our good-nights, I guess the fright of what almost happened caught up to me and I passed out"
I'm just so sorry to have scared you and Fefe like that. Again she gives what she hopes sounds like a silly giggle, although she's never silly giggled in her life.