View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 04:21 PM
arOusal art!st!

Send a message via AIM to Salacious Send a message via Yahoo to Salacious
Following Carlotta upstairs, I can’t help but notice how beautiful their home is, there are mirrors along the hallway and skylights above, which reflect the light of day and brightens the whole space magically. She leads me to the end of the hall and brings me into a lavish bedroom with French doors that lead out to a veranda.

“This room is for you Ms. Morgan, please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need something.”

“Thank you Carlotta, it’s beautiful.” Carlotta just smiles at me and then she turns to leave me alone in the room.

Sunlight fills the room and there is a vase of fresh cut birds of paradise, anthurium, eucalyptus, and exotic greens on a .low table in a sitting area in front of the doors leading out toward the beach. The room is painted red and the nickel canopy bed is draped in yards of white sheer silk, the comforter is white with battenburg lace accent pillows. There is a bench at the end of the bed and I lay my suitcase there. I go to the desk and set down my laptop, purse and camera case. I notice the attached bathroom and go in to freshen up.

The bathroom is gorgeous with Italian tile work and a nice big bathtub, there are scented candles burning and more fresh cut exotic flowers. I feel so welcome and a part of me wonders if it’s really happening. Standing before the mirror, washing my hands I look at my own reflection. I think about Tess wondering how she sees me. I tousle my hair and think about her luxurious long blonde hair and how silky it must feel, I think about what my father once told me about women and how men always look at them, but always take a second look at the blondes, especially the ones with long blonde hair. I scrunch my nose thinking now about how right he was. I step back into the bedroom and grab my makeup case from my suitcase, head back to the mirror to powder my face and apply fresh lipstick. Taking a step back from the mirror I survey my work and turn around seeing if what I am wearing is still suitable or looks travel weary. I decide I look fine and apply a fresh spritz of perfume.

I find that there are hangers in the closet and hang up some of the clothes I’ve brought with, thinking I brought far too many but was unsure what I’d need, so like the woman I am, I over-packed. I place my suitcase in the bottom of the closet, grab my camera and head out to the veranda. The sound of the ocean is like a siren calling to me. The view is incredible and I think it’s been far too long since I’ve been to the ocean. The yard facing the ocean is lush and beautifully landscaped. Flowers blooming everywhere, the colors and scents are candy to my senses. I placing a wide-angle lens on the camera I pop off a few shots of the view, the beach is sandy and the water so blue, the sunlight dancing on the waves as they wash into shore.

Suddenly, I feel eyes on me; I turn and see Tess is further down the veranda on a lower level. I walk in her direction and notice that she is still on the phone. I stop and focus my camera on her seeing how she looks through the lens. I’m not surprised. She looks captivating; she’s animated on the phone and laughing as I snap a few images of her. I finally reach the table and see that lunch is ready. There is a fresh green salad with lots of bright peppers, cucumber and tomatoes that looks delicious.
As I sit down to join Tess, she ends her call.

“Tess your home is amazing! The view is to die for and the room you have given to me is perfect.”

“Thank you Sal, but this is just home to us and we love it here.”

“I’m so excited to hear your plans and know exactly what you want me to do to make this a most memorable birthday for Mike. I already know it’s going to be a memorable trip for me.”

Tess smiles at me with a very mischievous grin, “Would you like some ice tea with lunch?”

“Yes, and I want to know what you have planned. Do tell!”