View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginewithme
joys share anything you want....not everyone is as open as some, that's all.

I do believe probably everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know that it's up to you to make things brighter!

If that comment was for me all I can say is this. We are not professionals here and true clinical depression can only and should only be treated by those that have the true knowledge and understanding of the illness....
Sometimes lay people make matters worse by trying to be kind.

Example being your statement..."I do believe everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know it's up to you to make things brighter".

Someone who is suffering from a clinical depression might read that statement totally out of context due to their state of mind at the time.

They may read it as "oh come on, everyone gets down, it's your fault your feeling bad. You just have to try harder"

I know you meant well by what you wrote, but you have to understand that a person who is suffering from clinical depression at times takes things out of context and therefore it could do more damage than good.

I gave the best advice I could, that being, see a doctor and even that was mistaken as being critical.

Get my drift? If not pm me!