View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 04:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
How strong are the winds, Lil? I think your little guy is the sweetest for worrying about the animals.

The only time the dog didn't like being out for a walk was several years ago in Newfoundland when the winds were 140 km/hr. We're a rock in the North Atlantic so the ocean tends to temper it for us. We get extreme winds but they're blown out to sea more often than not. (PF is going to kill me for trying to explain the way I think of weather without his assistance )

No clue Steph...this is just the tiny baby squalls. Suddenly I realize all the things I should have done, bought, prepared. There is nothing at the grocery store but hotdogs buns. No soft drinks nor batteries, nothing useful. Most of the ice has been purchased. I started trying to freeze milk jugs and tupperware containers filled with water, just in case.

Currently my kids are playing scavenger hunt.....Find me anything that we can use if the power goes out, the one who finds the most stuff wins

What is so very freaky is that it comes in bands, so it's crazy, then calm, crazy, then calm. My birds are going nuts and the dogs are hunkered down in their dog palace (most people build dog houses but not Mr. Lil ), the cats are being cats and basically unphased by it all

We'll be fine but I don't do well without creature comforts, must be the Domme in me. My idea of roughing it is a hotel with no room service

If we get a nasty one I'll try to take pics too! ((((((((((much love))))))))

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas