Thread: Mom/Son Love
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph
First off, I'm not one for pregnancy with moms/sons. Also, I'm adopted so I think it's quite weird for it to come like that. That's just my perspective because there are so many feelings that go with "abandonment".

Not to stir any emotions here...but I've heard of an actual phenomenon on this exact topic. It was interesting to learn that some adopted males, in finding their biological mother, also discovered a deep seeded need to be totally loved (including sexually) by the one who "abandoned" them! The son's and the mother's explained it as not being true incest because they have never known each other. They rationalize it by their seperation. To them, it would be more like incest if the son had sex with his adopted mother. It's been studied scientifically, and I know I am not providing all the psycological and scientific facts that have been gathered about the cases, but in a nut shell...to them, the deepest love they can give one another is to be as close (physically and mentally) as humanly possible to dissolve any feelings of abandonment and emptiness.

It's odd to me that the reverse isn't so widespread. The study said that it happens, but that a female child is much less likely to act out in this manner with her biological father.

Oh...I forgot to mention...the sexual act is most likely to be initiated by the son as opposed to the mother. In moments of extreme closeness (such as hugging and crying together), he seemingly takes a bolder step towards a sexual act, which is not rejected by the mother. But, there are documented times when the mother has taken the initiative in an effort to ease his feelings of abandonment.

Sorry to get off the topic of...should you or shouldn't you, Jess. Just thought I'd add what I thought was an interesting tidbit.

More to the topic...I say go where the story takes you!

~Thomas Dewar~