View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AdamR1978
In all fairness, I never took up the call of my profession. What happened was that I was an unemployed drifter whose only talents in the world were fixing computers, setting them up, networking. So I had this friend in a school that needed some help, they called me (what can I say... I was cheap!) and I fixed all their problems. After that, I went in once a week, fixed everything... etc.

Eventually, I joined the staff full time. Then, and this is the part which I still don't understand how it came about, I was asked to take one class of special needs children a week. Which now has turned into 5 hours every day (apart from wednesday, which is my designated no-contact day...). Sad thing is though, that with all this teaching, I find it harder and harder to invest time and energy into the actual network.

My real problem though are the little shits - whlie some children are incredibly cute, I have had run ins with some real terrors. To name a few examples:
* 10 year old kid with kitchen knife
* 10 year old kid with loaded gun
* 5 year old kid kicking me in the privates when I stopped him from fighting
* 8 year old calling me a "fucking bitch, I'm going to kill you" when I sent him to the office for... you guessed it... swearing in class

and there's more.

Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching...