View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 12:56 AM

The Checkout Girl, Part 2 - In the Middle of Nowhere

THE CHECKOUT GIRL, PART 2 – THE ROAD TRIP

It had been a few days since I gave Angie my phone number. Every time the phone rang, my legs turned to jello, but still she hadn’t called. The whole thing was crazy anyways. I’ve never been into other women before, but for some reason I just couldn’t get Angie out of my head. It would be nuts to spend a weekend with her.

It was Thursday, and I was leaving work at noon so I could get a little reading done for next week’s class. There must have been an accident ahead, because the traffic was at a standstill. When my cell phone rang, I had plenty of leisure to check the caller ID.

A man’s name I didn’t know. I stared at it for a moment while the phone continued to ring, then it suddenly hit me that this might be Angie. I quickly answered before it went to voice mail.

"Hello?”

“Is this Yvonne?”

“Yes.”

“This is Angie . . . I don’t know if you remember, I’m from the grocery store . . .”

"Of course I remember you,” I said. “How’s it going?”

“Oh, fine, I guess. Hey listen, were you serious about going away for the weekend?”

“Yeah. How about you?”

“Well, my husband’s mother just called, and she wants the girls to go for a visit this weekend. I know this is really soon, but I thought, maybe this would be the perfect chance – it might be hard to get my husband to take care of the girls by himself . . .”

I thought about it. “Hmm. I’ll have to see if I can get someone to take care of my son. How about I call a few people right now, and I’ll let you know?”

“Okay. Do you have my number on your caller ID?”

“Yeah, no problem.”

“Okay, just let me know.”

It was a bit surreal. Somehow we’d made it to Friday afternoon through a whirlwind of preparations and packing and confused relatives, and Angie and I were speeding down the highway with the windows down and the music loud, laughing hysterically. We were filled to bursting with the sense of our freedom and the open road before us.

“So where do we go?” I shouted over the music.

“Just drive! Let’s just keep going and turn whenever we feel like it!” she shouted back, laughing. Her eyes were bright, and her countenance was transformed, joyous with her hair whipping crazily around her face. The air was cool and fresh – it smelled like liberty and excitement and adventure, and it felt so good to drive and drive and drive.

We sang along with the radio at the top of our lungs, and as we kept going past the city limits, began losing the signal and had to find another station. It seemed like a moment suspended in time: we had always been driving on this desert road, singing, and always would be. It seemed a necessary, cathartic cleansing.

After a while, Angie pulled out the map we’d bought and began scanning it. It was getting dark, and we would need a place to stay for the night.

“This part of the state isn’t very populated,” she said. “It looks like the next town is about two hours away.”

“Well, that’s okay, we can drive at night.”

She looked a little worried. “Yeah, but I have to go to the bathroom! I’ve had a whole Big Gulp already!”

I laughed. “Well, try to hold it, or else I guess you’ll have to go on the side of the road.”

“Oh, right where everyone can see me – uh uh!”

“Well, if it’ll make you feel better, I’ll go too,” I said.

She grinned. “Okay, I guess that’s all right. We might as well stop now, I know I won’t make it two more hours.”

I slowed the car down and pulled over. It felt strange when we stopped, since the car had been moving continuously for a couple of hours. Now that we were at a halt, I felt a little nervous, thinking about whoever might drive by. It was almost fully dark, and a full moon had already begun to rise over a mesa in the distance, bathing the dry wasteland in a bluish, abundant light. Outside the car, we could now see all around; the sky and the land seemed so huge. I marveled at how bright the stars were, away from the city lights, and I automatically looked for Orion, my favorite constellation. The sparse, stubby desert plants were sharply defined in the moonlight. We both breathed deeply of the dry, cool air as we walked around, working out our stiff legs.

“I don’t see anyone,” she said. “Let’s hurry before a car comes along.”

I was a little shy pulling my clothes down in front of her, and I was careful not to look at her. I went ahead and took my shorts and panties completely off and laid them to the side to make sure they wouldn’t get wet. My heart started thumping, though, thinking about her half-naked just a few feet away. I shook my head and berated myself silently. You aren't a les, I thought. Quit obsessing about this girl. Still, I couldn’t help the sudden images of her naked body from invading my head – as if it were really happening, I saw my hands reaching for her bare breasts, fingertips brushing lightly over her pointed, pink nipples. I could almost hear her gasp lightly and feel the warmth of her soft skin as I gently covered her breasts with my hands and lightly squeezed the pliant flesh.

“Look out, a car is coming!”

I jumped a little in alarm, having already finished but been distracted by my fantasy. I quickly reached for my clothes, but they weren’t where I’d left them. I looked up to see Angie, fully clothed, about fifteen feet away, holding them up with a grin. I turned to look at the road, but didn’t see any cars.

“Hey, give those back!” I said, half-laughing.

“You’ll have to catch me first!” she shouted, as she started to back away, then walk quickly, grinning over her shoulder.

I groaned and started to run after her, wearing nothing but tennis shoes and a t-shirt that didn’t quite cover my ass. She giggled and started to run faster, jumping over little depressions in the ground here and there and swerving around cactus and low bushes. I started laughing, too. She looked so free and sexy, and her dark hair waved with her movements as if it were alive too. Panting with the sudden exertion, I was very aware of the night air against my naked thighs, ass, and pussy. I could tell without touching myself that I was very wet, and I could feel my pussy lips sliding back and forth against each other as I ran after Angie.

She stopped suddenly and turned around, holding my clothes behind her back. I skidded to a halt, putting my hands on my bare thighs and leaning down a bit to catch my breath. I could smell the thick, musky scent from my pussy, and I wondered if she could, too.

“Okay, come on, give ‘em back,” I said, still a little out of breath.

She grinned. “Only if you do what I say!”

“Well, I could just take them away from you, you know.”

“Uh uh, you can’t run as fast as I can. So if you don’t feel like chasing me, you get to follow orders!”

I laughed. “Okay, what am I supposed to do?”

Her grin widened. “Give me your shirt and bra, and walk back to the car with just your shoes on.”

I groaned. “Oh man, you’re kidding. Somebody’s going to come along!”

“Well, I guess you’d better hurry then, hadn’t you?”

I rolled my eyes for her benefit and hurriedly pulled off my shirt and bra. I wanted her to think I was reluctant, but inside I was really excited at where this might lead. “All right, come on before someone drives by.”

I walked quickly as she strolled along behind. We were probably about 75 yards away from the car, so she had plenty of opportunity to peruse my naked body in the moonlight. It seemed to take forever, and each second I was scared to death some creep was going to drive over the horizon and swoop down on two girls alone in the desert, one of whom was butt-naked.

We finally reached the car, and I said, “Okay, let me have them back now.” She handed me back my shirt and shorts. “Other stuff, too!” I said.

“Nope, I get to keep those,” she said, now with a small, demure smile, my bra and panties still hanging from one hand. I sighed and quickly got dressed. As I pulled up my shorts, I could feel the seam press firmly between my pussy lips, squishing almost audibly. I fought the urge to squirm against the seam to embed it deeper, conscious that she was watching. My t-shirt felt cool and soft against my hardened nipples.

“All right, you’ve had your fun. Let’s go find us a place to sleep!”

“Great, I can’t wait to get in bed,” she said brightly.

I eyed her suspiciously as we both slid into our seats and shut the car doors. As I started up the car, I began wondering if she had the same sort of thing in mind that I did. We joked back and forth as we gained momentum and began speeding down the road again, and after a while, I temporarily forgot about the incident as we talked about family and kids and our jobs.

*** TO BE CONTINUED ***