View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Weedscreamer

Lived there for 17 years. Luxor was our favorite...a jacuzzi suite. The Mirage & Treasure Island are both good. If you're going downtown, the Golden Nugget is right in "Old" Vegas. There are a lot of pickpockets and homeless there. MGM is nice and HUGE. Aladdin is okay, but pricey. Bellagio is pricey, but worth it. I see Boulder City was mentioned. They just finished restoring the old Boulder Dam Hotel in that town. It's cute, and there are the usual touristy shops. Depends on what, exactly, you're looking for. Blue Man Group at the Luxor is good and so is "O" at the Bellagio. I think there's still a show at Treasure Island with the same troupe as "O". Red Rock Canyon is beautiful. You could also head up to Mount Charleston to the Mount Charleston Hotel for lunch. Valley of Fire is a ways out, but nice to see, too. There is an Indian tourist store on your way in to the Valley. You can also take a day trip on the other side of the Mountain, to Pahrump. Go to the Pahrump Valley Vineyards. The drive is interesting. It's a fairly nice spot and the food's good. You need to call ahead to get reservations. My husband's favorite Pahrump wine is Symphony. What else...Hmmm... There are 4 malls and an outlet mall. THe most expensive is downtown...Fashion Show Mall. New York New York has an interesting deli. Off the stirp, The Palms seems to be the up and coming night spot. Oh, if you decide on the Luxor, tell them you want a jacuzzi suite in the pyramid, or you'll get a room in those tower additions.At Lake Mead, you can take a ride on the Desert Princess. She's a paddlewheeler that was brought overland years ago. They have a dinner cruise and an afternoon sightseeing cruise. Both went to the dam. I don't know if they still do. (Security reasons?)