View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 09:32 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Have to eat at the Rio--the *best* buffet there. The pirate show *is* awesome at Treasure Island but get there early. There is usually a huge crowd. If you're taking kids, Circus Circus is an obvious choice--awesome games--and I have cousins who have ridden the roller coaster at New York, New York and recommend it. It's worth stopping in Caesar's Palace just to *see* it--it's beautiful, and I'm *still* fascinated with the diagonal elevators at the Luxor, not to mention that huge beam of light at night. They've done some rennovations to the MGM, but I know the last time I was in there, about five years ago, it was worth looking at, too. I've yet to go to the jousting at the Excalibur, but my sister stayed there. She wasn't too impressed with the accomodations, but, like someone said, they *are* at the end of the strip and a little less expensive. There are new hotels opening all of the time, and, if you do stay off the strip, you might find something a little more reasonable. Also, especially during the summer room rates are usually more than 50% cheaper for Sunday through Thursday stays than the weekends. Outside of Vegas, Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, and Lake Mead, just south about 20 miles of Vegas near Boulder City, are worth visiting.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author