Thread: Simon Says
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 09:11 PM

This is so wrong! But I have to be strong for Max. Keep him safe. The perv just wants to get his jollies off. That's all. I can do this. Max will understand when it's all over and this bastard has gone. Thoughts whirled through Helene's head. There was no way to get around Simon's demand that they kiss -- not if she wanted to keep Max safe.

Glaring toward the silhouette of the man, she knew he could see the look of utter disdain and defiance on her face, and somehow that gave her a small measure of satisfaction. Turning back to her son, she placed her hands on his shoulders.

"You have to trust me, sweetie. Everything is going to be all right."

Max nodded quietly, his eyes wide and his face flushed. Pulling him close, Helene embraced her son and whispered for him to close his eyes. Once she saw that he had done, she brought her lips toward his and brushed them against his.

Use your tongue, he'd said. Suck his lips. Gods forgive me. I just want to keep my son safe. Pretend. Pretend it's Reinhold. The way you used to kiss. You can do this, Helene. You can!

Pulling back slightly, Helene looked at her son's mouth, seeing that of her husband's. It wasn't very different from Reinhold's mouth, she thought, as she slowly drew his bottom lip into hers. Max tensed when she did that and she brought her lips fully over his, murmuring into his mouth. "Just relax, sweetie. Trust me."

His quiet whimper twisted her heart as she slipped her tongue between her son's lips and began to kiss him earnestly. Just hang in there, Max. It will be over soon. I'm going to make this the best kiss that bastard has ever seen. Pulling her son closer still, Helene felt him start to respond. Good. Simon has to notice that. Maybe now he'll go and leave us alone.