Thread: Bisexuality
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 05:21 PM

Cassie,

As others have said here, it's RARE to find people who are 100% attracted to EITHER their own sex or the opposite sex. MOST people have some attraction for both sexes... although some people will absolutely not admit it.

If and when you have sex with another women, you'll still have all of the same attractions and feelings for men you now have. It's not going to change you. You can still marry and still have children. Heck, you can do that even if you DO decide on a woman for a life partner! There are lesbian wedding ceremonies, and I know several lesbian couples who are parents of children - conceived by artificial insemination or even sex with a man with the intention of becoming pregnant. Natural Family Planning used in reverse.

I've heard all of the things that were suggested here - campus gay and lesbian groups, community gay and lesbian groups. They're great for getting to know people and making friends, and I've managed to get a date or two out of them, but I never got to the bedroom with anybody from one. I've met women in some pretty strange ways, or had someone come on to me after she'd known me for awhile.

What does another women like? Oh, she likes the same things you do. That's true both in and out of the bedroom. She wants to be wined and dined, complimented, written love poetry, told how much she is loved, have her hand held, cuddled, kissed. When you do get her in bed, go as slow as you would like, and take your clues from how she reacts to various things. Men are very much alike sexually. Women are different from one another. Some like some VERY different touches than others!

Even though I've been loving and sexual with other women for QUITE some time, and my first 3 lovers were all women, I *do* like men, love men, have chosen to spend my life with a man, and my best friend is another man (never sexual). I'm still bisexual, and I always will be.

As Wanda said, there is some amount of distrust and discrimmination against bis in the lesbian community. A lot of gays and lesbians think of someone bi as someone who "is just not ready to come out yet", or "can't quite be honest with themselves about what they want". Honey, I am honest with myself. I know what I want, and the sex of a person is pretty low on the list of what traits are important about them. Or, there's the notion of "traitor". I'm not sure how my being sexual with a man makes me a "traitor" to any of my lesiban sisters - whether I've been sexual or not with them. This is, of course, with the exception of if I were to have a monogamy agreement with a woman lover. Still, I would have JUST violated that agreement with HER. I would not have "betrayed" lesbians or women as a whole!

If you want to PM me or chat about any of this, let me know.