View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 08:11 PM

lakritze,

Interesting.

When has money not talked? Where has money not talked?

How long is "far to long"? Would that correspond to the 48 (1954 - 1992) years of a Democratic majority in Congress? Or the 4 Democratic Presidents who were elected to office during that period, which then gave that party control of both the Legislative as well as the Executive branches of the Federal government? Would a shorter period, say of 24 years been better?

How did a minority go about setting up the double standard? What was this group, and why is it described as a minority? What criteria are being applied to judge it "very conservative"?

As I'm sure you have read Judge Ito's opinion as to why he excluded the death penalty from the trial, would you share it? I would appreciate reading the legal critique that supports the criticism in the post.

I was under the impression that the good Governor Ryan is considered to be a moderate Republican, rather than a conservative. Indeed, by placing a moritorium on the death penalty (as the retention of the death penalty is generally considered to be a conservative position) wouldn’t he be dallying with – gasp – a Liberal notion? Do you think perhaps it might be a question of one’s point of view? Or is it that to belong to that political party is to be defined as a conservative?