View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally posted by south
Really! "who the fuck are you"???....I am schlocked....and Roger seems like such a nice boy too....Well then "suck on my big ten inch,(record)" then as Aerosmith sang to all of our envies.....

Um.................."s[t]uck on my big ten inch.......record of the band that plays the blues.......band that plays the blues.......she just loves my big ten inch.....record of my favorite blues"

south....honey pie, sweety cakes? It wasn't my intention to start a thread of "what I THINK I heard" when I listen to a song on the radio...........but "what I KNOW I hear" when I hear songs played on the radio........and why, oh why are some "bad" words deleted, bleeped, made to be non-existent......and some not"......kinda thread!

If you listen (as intently as I do) to Aerosmith's "Big Ten Inch Record Album" song........Steven does, indeed say "STUCK". But I'm sure he did hope we'd hear "SUCK".......which we did.........and I do sing it that way anyway! LOL!

I still think my theory (spawned by your first response) was close to the reason I sought..........in that, I don't think censors KNOW the words to the songs......but only READ them as the artist's print them (and yet, don't necessarily record them as written)! It may be the reason for MORE censorship now-a-days. I don't think the newer artisits give a flying rat's ass in trying to "SNEAK" around censorship........but, they might know we (the consumer) know and understand their original intention.......and so they just write it ALL down. The artists of days gone-by wanted and needed all the air-play they could get (not having all the venues, other than concerts and albums, available to them then as they would today) and so they "cleaned up" the written version to get it past the censors.

That's my theory, and I'm stickin with it.........(least till I look up Pearl Jam's "Jeremy"...........Oh Gawd, I hate all those pop-ups on lyric sites!!!!)

~Thomas Dewar~