View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Terror of the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to buckminster
Best answer by far

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
I hope it's today

Ya know, Lil, you got it absolutely right - that's the best way to approach this topic. Being a cetrified old fart. (like me) you develop a tendency to focus on the past. Bad habit -cuz ya miss out on the cool shit that's happening today, right now. One of the attributes that I really love about my GF is that she is the most 'now' focused individual I have ever met. And not in the old hippie, babba rum cosmic muffin spiritual guru way, either. I mean like the spontaneous seeking of immediate gratification with no baggage from the past and little or no worry about what the future may bring. Yeah, it does cause big headaches and problems but that woman lives every moment so intensely and with so much more feeling and emotion than the rest of us. Being around her, you experience a damn 'contact high' just like you are in a room with a bunch of people who ingested some powerful psychedelic drug. She gives this crufty, old pirate a good kick in the ass like we all need sometimes.

Frank Zappa put it something like- "Ya gotta dig it while its happening cuz it just might be a one shot deal".

So, Lilith, I hope ya get laid really, really good today!!

best regards,

buck