Thread: Aftermath
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 09:08 PM
obsolete

Janice

Janice slipped on her robe and followed her son to his room. She knocked quietly and called out, unsure what she would say if he let her in, but she knew she had to make everything right again. She wouldn't have her son traumatized by having to do this. She didn't care if it was the law or not -- there had to be exceptions to every case.

"Mark?" She called a second time before opening the door.

His back was to her and she walked up behind him, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Look, Mark. I understand how you feel. It's not unusual under the circumstances for you not to have gotten an erection. It's okay. It happens. I'm not sure I would want to have sex with my parent either -- no matter what the circumstances."

"Sweetie? It's okay. Please talk to me? I will phone the hospital and tell them that we just can't do this. I will tell them that it's my fault. That I can't go through with it. Your father will back me up and we will deal with whatever happens when it happens."

"Mark?"

Janice waited for him to say something. Anything. When he didn't, she took her son by the shoulders and gently turned him around to face her.