View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 07:27 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

First of all, apologies to all who feel this way, especially if it is me that this is in reference to. Believe me, it's not some plot designed to irritate other Pixies members or to satisfy some imaginary need for attention.

I found Pixies during a very difficult time in my life and, honestly, if it hadn't have been for the games, I probably would not have stayed. The games provided me, and still do, a place for mindless fun, where I don't have to think about things in my life I'd rather not focus on. I find myself in the games most often, still, frequently, on days that are less than stellar, when I need to reach out and touch someone, at least virtually, and to make a connection.

It is through the games that I've come to know many Pixies members, their likes, dislikes, what they do for a living, what they dream about. I wouldn't hesitate to call any of them my friends, and I hope they feel the same way. On a good night in the games, you'll see flirting in abundance, but you'll also see caring, concerned people who want to know you better. And who here already has too many friends?

Pixies is many things to many different people. It fulfills needs for the particular person. Some people come here for the pictures, others for the stories, some just for the chat or advice forums. The beauty of this site is that it *can* be "home" for people with different priorities.

As Lilith says, perhaps the best way to handle it is to simply avoid "new posts" and check the forums individually that you are interested in. I know a lot of people do that. Me, personally...I do use the new posts, but often I'll just zip through the thread names, only looking at those I'm most interested in. It's all in personal preference.

Again, my apologies to those who may have been offended, and I hope that such a public addressing of this issue is not one to cause division among what I perceive as a close-knit family.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author