View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I love this stuff txgreeeyes! I must visit Texas someday! And, I know I'll be welcomed and surely fit right in......because most of what is practiced and expected is exactly how it is up here at what I now call home....N.E. Pa.

Example: the farming equiptment.....albeit ours isn't used for cotton......some of these combines can cost a pretty penny! Our colleges are pretty good.....Penn State, Beaver College (*giggle*....I think they changed the name recently.....to something like....Penis College.....jk....jk.....but they did change the name because of the insinuation associated with it!)...etc. Wish more of these folks would utilize them though....some being mennonite and home schooled and all....lol! We (not necessarily me, but) eat catfish and crawdads (crayfish), but I do happen to like sushi (real sushi and it has to be fresh and plenty of wassabe on the side!), but I've always said I would never eat anything I've used for bait! LMAO! Nearly everyone round here has a pick-up too....and we are a bunch of wavers! To dicksbro......we have two lane roads with lots of blind curves that narrow as you ride them....and the bridges crossing the streams "on them say" *a little Pa. Dutch there* (on both sides) "yeild to oncoming traffic", and it's all we can do to get that guy on the other side to take the bridge first, if we meet up at the same time! LMAO! When they finally do cross because we've "blinked" um on.....a tip of the hat and a wave is all the thanks necessary!

I'm not trying to ingratiate myself to you tx......I'm just letting you know I surely can relate to proper hospitality and manners....specially when I live it everyday!

BTW........I love the curtain rod thing......and I know a couple of (divorcing) friends who might appreciate the insight! Much obliged! *waves*

~Thomas Dewar~