View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Suprise Me

This is an easy one and can be doubled or tripled for a larger family - I reduced it for bad-shrek so it will be easier for him to make.

Cajun Baked Fish

2 unbreaded cod fillets (or your favorite fish - except catfish or salmon - must be a fresh water fish)

Place 2 fillets in a baking dish
put a pat of butter on each fillet (if it slides off it it ok... or you can sprinkle Molly McButter over the top.)

Pour 1/2 cup of milk over the top of the fish (Use skim milk if you are counting calories)

Sprinkle over the fish cajun seasoning - remember this can be spicy so use just the amount that you are comfortable with)

Cover dish with foil
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes
Uncover - bake at 375 for an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

(If you increase fish fillets by 2 add an additional 5 minutes for each 2 you add - example if you use 6 fillets increase original bake time at 300 degrees by 15 minutes.)

This is one way that I get my family to eat fish that is healty and not fried. The purpose of the milk is not only for a moist fillet, but it also takes out the "fishy" taste.

I serve this with asparagus, brocoli, snow peas or any other steamed veggie (with a little crunch) and perhaps a salad.......