Thread: $$$Ebay$$$
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I've been to eBay, but I've never won anything. I guess I'm not as agressive there as I am if I were dickering at a live auction or at a yard sale.....for instance.

I once bid on a corner hutch and nearly had them cornered till hubby told me...."Stop that! I was going to surprise you with a built in hutch for our dining room"!

Lemme see........that was over a year ago......and I go to his barn/woodshop (as you can tell from my "blue period" series) every so often, and I've not seen hide nor hair of any hutch! Hmmmmmm? It'll be a gigantic surprise if he can pull that outta his hat one unsuspecting day! LMAO!

I've looked up some family treasures on eBay, occasionally.....just to get a rough estimate of their value before I took them for appraisal.

I love to read, so I've looked at some books as well. skip'll have to give me a list of books he might be selling. PM me anytime! I have never seen you at eBay. I have so many books now that if we ever move again, I'll have to hire a separate truck just to haul them.

I am big into wood........I love furniture! Especially antiques, as my house would look best in old rather than new. But, as I said, I am not agressive in winning the war in bidding. Guess I'll just stick to trash picking......LOL! JK! But I have found some treasures on a trash day or two!

~Thomas Dewar~