View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Copied from my blog entry last night:
Going around my f-list on Google Plus today was a colorized picture of the USS West Virginia, sunk in shallow water, burning, in the wake of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The caption from the post reads, “Pearl Harbour (sic). Not actually an act of war. Just a limited air strike with no boots on the ground”.

This comparison to a potential US strike/intervention in Syria is nothing short of absolute bullshit. It is an argument from deliberate, willful ignorance.

Further, since the ignorance is so entirely willful, the message outright offends.

If it’s your political opinion that the US should not launch a strike into/against Syria, OK, I’m good with that. My personal opinion is still undecided on that particular issue anyway.

But get a better argument. There is no legitimate comparison to the two.

‘Cause the use of the image, and the false comparison that results from this argument from willful ignorance is offensive enough to cause me to cordially invite the creator of that image, and the people who promulgated it to shove their collective shit back up their asses where it belongs.