Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Huggable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm383
...... MAOI's aren't used here very often, and have major dietary implications too (NO Chocolate, for example!!)

dm -- NO Chocolate?? Are you kidding? That would only add to my depression! I'm joking and shouldn't on such a serious topic, but thats the first thing that popped into my head.

2nd on PF's post -- I don't think he meant you're stirring up anything.... i saw it as him stirring you up a new drug.

LAW -- I started out on a very low dose of Prozac (the generic of it, can't think of the name right now) I began to notice it wasn't as effective and for now an increase in dozage is helping. But I mainly want to ask if you take other meds. Many can cause antidepressants to not work or not as well as they should. Make sure your doc or druggist or you check which meds interact with what others you take. It may not even be a direct reaction. EX: Drug A and drug B are ok together, and both are ok with drug C alone, but all 3 together are not good. Not sure i explained that very good. Just be sure to check drug inter-reactions, and that includes over-the-counter and so called natural or herbal remedies.

Good luck!!