Thread: Fresh Start
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Mrs. WI has been battling sugar issues, health concerns and weight fluctuations for a few years now and was told last March that because her numbers weren't going anywhere she was being put on insulin. It was finally enough to get her attention and realize that if she didn't do something that worked FOR HER, then she was going down a slippery slope that she would probably not be able to get back up.

She spilled her story to a coworker that tuned her in to a program that specialized in clients with sugar issues and she started following it the week before Easter. Since then, she's lost 85 lbs. Her blood pressure is normal; her cholesterol is normal and her blood sugar levels no longer classify her as having diabetes. It has taken consistent effort and attention, and when she strays from the program...she either doesn't lose, or she gains. She's not at her goal yet, and it appears that the last 15 lbs are going to be the most difficult to drop. She's trying desperately to get back on track and she's battling boredom & routine. That's a difficult battle for someone with adhd, because routine is like a four letter word to her. She struggled over the holidays and has picked back up with the intent to get to her goal and begin the maintenance phase.

All I can suggest is this: If what you are doing shows signs of working...use that as inspiration to keep doing it. That's what I tell her. "You know it works because it has worked up to this point. When you follow the program, you lose weight." And if it's not working, then walk away from it and find something else.

Good luck to all of you and remember...you're beautiful people.

And be sure to photo-document your journey.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.